Chapters of The Coastal Society
The Coastal Society is fostering the next generation of coastal leaders through student chapters. The chapters are committed to furthering the mission of TCS, to actively address emerging coastal issues by fostering dialogue, forging partnerships, and promoting communication and education. Student chapters are run entirely by students. Furthermore, student chapters seek to fulfill a mission of stewardship of the local coastal ecosystem through education, restoration and fund-raising.
Current Student Chapters
|Duke University||Durham, North Carolina|
|East Carolina University||Greenville, North Carolina|
|Eckerd College||St. Petersburg, Florida|
|University of North Carolina, Wilmington||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|University of Rhode Island||Kingston, Rhode Island|
Interested in forming a TCS Chapter?
Here are the basic documents that help chapters form, affiliate, and operate from year to year:
- Procedure for forming a Chapter
- Chapter Acceptance Procedure
- Letter of Agreement
- Operating Guidelines
- Chapter Annual Review Letter
- Chapter Annual Report Cover Sheet
- Template Chapter Financial Report
Below are resources related to The Coastal Society, coastal job opportunities, professional development, and other topics important to TCS members.
- Biological Laboratory Technician (8-19-22)
- Biological Technician ABL Azura, deadline – May 11, 2022
- Senior Consultant – Sustainability, Energy, and Climate Change (Water Stewardship), WSP USA