Education and The Coastal Society
In order to carry out The Coastal Society's goals of promoting student education, professional development and career growth, and professional and public awareness of key coastal resource issues, the Education Committee is responsible for a range of activities including
- Leadership awareness, training, and professional growth activities for young and mid-level professionals and advanced students;
- Student showcases and/or training opportunities at the TCS biennial conferences;
- Networking and career opportunities for TCS members (e.g., through identification of and information on Internships and Fellowships at TCS conferences and workshops, on the TCS web site, and in the TCS Bulletin);
- Issue-oriented meetings, sessions, workshops, and when warranted, white papers on critical issues of importance to TCS members and the coastal resource community in general; and
- Creative and innovative ways of informing others about coastal issues.